I’d like to welcome you to my new blog … a place where I write and post whatever I want and you feel free to read it or ignore it.
This is my attempt at a new home away from FB. No, not my dad … away from Facebook!
This is very new to me and I’ll be working the kinks out as quickly as I can. But, here are some guidelines/tips of what you can expect on this site:
I’m going to post what I want, when I want, how often or seldom as I want. And you, being a free and capable human, can come & go as you please.
- What I post I expect can be seen all over the Internet. If I want something kept private, I’m not going to post it. If the NSA is reading this, I’ll be flattered!
- You may feel free (and I encourage it) to post links of my posts on FB, Twitter, Google+ (quick-click links above) or whatever other social media outlet(s) to which you belong. Go crazy.
- You may not post comments on this site. You can link to my post on FB, for example, and post whatever comments you want around that post. But, again, comments are not enabled here. Because … I’m not going to police what comments I want visible or not.
- You can contact me via email. There is a link at the bottom of every one of my posts after my signature. Just pay attention to what you have to do to simply edit the automated To: email address.
- Hmmm, what else … ? I’ll update this list of points as I think of them (and as my actual friends in real life give me feedback).
I surely hope you don’t find this new site to be horribly narcissistic. Don’t get me wrong, it IS very one-sided. But, isn’t that what FB is all about, too? For instance, how many people post some political topic to air their slant and then (a) “like” the people who respond to their post in-kind, and (b) rail against anyone who posts a comment questioning or arguing the original point?
Anyway, you can see by the categories the types of topics I plan to post. Again, this is a work-in-progress … especially right now. So, I’ll be tweaking the categories as needed. But, here’s an overview:
- Air Mail (World Affairs): Topics about things going on outside the USA
- Do Not Bend (Photos): Pictures I’ve taken or from friends I’m permitted to share
- Express (Politics): Hot Potato Political Topics
- Handle With Care (God & Religion): I guess when I’m wanting to play Devil’s Advocate
- Junk Mail (Ramblings): Better known as Miscellaneous
- Live Animal Inside (Florida Gators): Any related to my favorite college football team
- Overnight (Technology): Topics about hi-tech gadgets, software, etc.
- Postage Due (Life Lessons): Things I’ve learned that maybe you can learn from me
- Return to Sender (Calling Bullshit): When false posts go around the ‘Net, I’ll call them out!
- Signature Required (Adult Language): Where I might just go a bit overboard
- This End Up (Jokes, Funny Videos): Things that make me (and you?) laugh
Finally, I’m not here to change anyone’s mind about anything. But, if I somehow do – for the better – then that’s a good thing.
Well, that’s it for now. Thanks for stopping by and I really do hope you’ll come back again and again (and share links to my posts on FB ;-))